Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA 2012 Steel Design Error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alfredmx
422 Views, 4 Replies

RSA 2012 Steel Design Error

Hello,

I'm using ASD 9th edition to check beam box sections. Depth of beam is 110cm and webs are 1.3 thick. According to section F4-2, allowable stress will be lower than 0.4Fy. I remember this was an issue on previous versions and was later fixed for I beams, however for box beams the program still checks against 0.4Fy.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: alfredmx

Please attach the rtd file with the test model you made and indicate on the results dialog or the calculation note the verification that you think is done incorrectly. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
alfredmx
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello Artur,

Please look at attached file. It contains note from RSA 2012 and hand calculations.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: alfredmx

The code you selected in Job Preferences is the old version where implementation of this shear verification procedure in Robot is limited to H and C sections. Please use the new version of the code instead as shown on the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
alfredmx
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello Artur,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report