Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESULTS - DISPLACEMENT vs. DEFLECTION - Definitions used by Robot

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Robot12
7063 Views, 5 Replies

RESULTS - DISPLACEMENT vs. DEFLECTION - Definitions used by Robot

What are the definitions for deflection and displacement used in Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Robot12

Which kind of results do you mean exactly? Could you make a screen capture that illustrates what you want to compare please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Robot12
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I don't want to compare any results I just want to know what are the differences between deflection and displacement ? I want definitions for both deflection and displacement used by Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

displacement vs deflection.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
Robot12
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Does this illustration of deflection and displacement apply to a 3D frame ? Is there any sentence that defines deflection and displacement ?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Yes, it does. The displacements is the distance from the original position of a point to its final location on the deformed model. The deflection is the distance from the line that links the origin and end nodes of a bar on the deformed model with the position of a point on the deformed model.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report