Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC supermember for curved beam?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Opel5
656 Views, 4 Replies

RC supermember for curved beam?

Afternoon All,

I'm trying to analyse a curved RC beam. I've created an arc and created adjoining bars, then placed rigid links between the straight elements. Picture attached.

I know steel beams can be grouped together to form a "supermember", can I do the same for RC design of this long curved concrete beam?

If so, does the supermember also get checked for overall slenderness rather than slenderness of each short straight element?

Revit file attached. Many thanks for any expert insight into the above 🙂

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Opel5
in reply to: Opel5

oops I meant robot file attached. Looks like a coffee is needed 🙂

Message 3 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

can I do the same for RC design of this long curved concrete beam?

No.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 5
Opel5

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for the speedy, if slightly sledgehammer response 🙂 Was really hoping there was a positive solution to the problem.

Is there any other way I can go about designing this curved RC beam within Robot or will I have to resort to other software?

Are there any plans to add the same functionality that is available for curved "supermember" steel beams for RC?

Message 5 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

Is there any other way I can go about designing this curved RC beam within Robot or will I have to resort to other software?
As single members  ; for example in Required Reifnorcement module.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report