Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Wall Problem with Manual Combinations Robot 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bartolome1819
805 Views, 6 Replies

RC Wall Problem with Manual Combinations Robot 2014

Hello, I'm trying to design this wall with a surface pressure (water, is for design a concrete tank), everything is fine on the results, moments, displacements, stress, but when I'm going to run the RC reinforcement and I choose Manual combinations, the program crashed.

I proved with automatics combinations acording with the ACI318 code and I got the same error message.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Could you attach the rtd file please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Hello, of course, this is the file. And I have the same problem with all the projects when I choose manual combinations.

Look, I can't upload the file here, the file does not have a valid extension for an attachment (doc,pdf,dwf,dwg,dxf,dst,gz,gzip,zip,bm,bmp,gif,jfif,jpe, jpeg,jpg,psd,tif,tiff,png,xml,xls,lsp,svf,3ds,vcf,png, text,txt,log,env,dcl,rvt,rfa,ipt,iam,ipn,dwfx,idw,csv,nwf,nwc,nwd,sdf,cfz,vtfx,vtf,pat,f3d are the valid extensions.)

I uploaded the file to my dropbox    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hscgil7y4lui1ks/wall.rtd

Message 4 of 7

Look, I can't upload the file here, the file does not have a valid extension for an attachment (doc,pdf,dwf,dwg,dxf,dst,gz,gzip,zip,bm,bmp,gif,jfif,jpe, jpeg,jpg,psd,tif,tiff,png,xml,xls,lsp,svf,3ds,vcf,png, text,txt,log,env,dcl,rvt,rfa,ipt,iam,ipn,dwfx,idw,csv,nwf,nwc,nwd,sdf,cfz,vtfx,vtf,pat,f3d are the valid extensions.)

You can zip it and then attach directly.

I can't see any problems with exporting the wall with defined ULS combination to the RC Wall design module. Please try to delete the temporary windows files and check again. If that doesn't help send the crash report and tell me what email address you entered so that I can find it.

On the other hand as your load causes out of the wall plane bending IMHO the design of this panel as a shear wall may not be what you really need. Personally I would design reinforcement using the RC Slab Required Reinforcement module instead. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

I choose panel like you said and the problem remains.

The email on the report is bartolome1819@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time

Message 6 of 7

The development team has decided to deliver a fix in Robot 2015. 

Please note: Our quality assurance teams may need to reschedule some fixes. Please rely on the above timeline information as a guideline only and not a guarantee. We 
appreciate your understanding in this matter. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Corrected in SP5 for Robot 2014.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report