Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Design - Provided reinforcement - RC element update support problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
STP_MS
1052 Views, 7 Replies

RC Design - Provided reinforcement - RC element update support problem

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem with RC element update in mentioned module. When I transfer sections from a structure, I assign supporting elements. After modification of the structure model i needed to update RC beams. I did this by right clicking on the beam and pressing "RC element update". After doing that all of the supports have changed to default. ARSA considers all joined elements as supports. Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: STP_MS

I am experiencing a problem with RC element update in mentioned module. When I transfer sections from a structure, I assign supporting elements. After modification of the structure model i needed to update RC beams. I did this by right clicking on the beam and pressing "RC element update". After doing that all of the supports have changed to default. ARSA considers all joined elements as supports. Is there a way to avoid this?

Show us the look of this beam on model or send us the file.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Got it.

Need to be corrected.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 8
STP_MS

Here is the look of the beam in model.

All of the elements are marked.

Thank you

Message 5 of 8
STP_MS

I am sorry, I don't understand your answer.
Can you give me additional explanation?
Thank you

Message 6 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Sorry, my answer was too short.

"Need to be corrected" - I meant corrected in software.

For now you have to reimport such beam and redesign it in such case (with connected bars which should not be considered as supports for design elelment)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Corrected in RSA2015 SP4.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 8
tom86V8S

This issue is still present in 2024 edition.

When selecting a beam and performing a design using "provided reinforcement RC elements" , you can choose which intersecting elements must be considered as supports. i.e. you are provided a list of possible supports and select which are supports. This is normal behaviour the first time when you perform a design and works as intended.

When you re-analyse your model, and update the RC element to update internal forces, the software ignores your selected supports and now adds supports at all intersecting elements. See before and after "RC element update" operation.

tom86V8S_1-1701078798366.png

tom86V8S_0-1701078742823.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report