Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Beams with linearly changing height

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
424 Views, 3 Replies

RC Beams with linearly changing height

Hi;

Is it possible to do a design of RC Beams with linearly changing height in built inside robot RC-module for single elements ?

There is written in help that "h2" height will be available after selection of any sub-element but it doesn't work.

In which of previous versions of Robot did it work 17,18,19 ?

I tested v.21, 2011, 2012 and no way !

Is there any way to design RC-beams - higher at supports, a real engineering problem cannot be designed with that "excellent" software  ?

Please compare the attachements (neither 3D-version nor RC-module can handle that type of crossection )

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it possible to do a design of RC Beams with linearly changing height in built inside robot RC-module for single elements ?

No, this is not possible as the algorithm of distribution (generation) of reinforcement for spans with the variable height is not available in the current version of Robot. The request for such option being available in the RC Beam Design module is on the wish list.

There is written in help that "h2" height will be available after selection of any sub-element but it doesn't work.

In which of previous versions of Robot did it work 17,18,19 ?

I tested v.21, 2011, 2012 and no way !

Thank you for indicating this incorrect part of Help. The option has never been available.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
legar
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you for indicating this incorrect part of Help. The option has never been available.

It was available for a very short time in Robot 97 (I don't remember exact version number - but something between v11 to v13).

Next the option was very quickly removed - due to strange results...

From this time (almost 15 years Smiley Sad) there is inaccessible, grayed option in dialog box and adequate help text.

JerzyCP

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you very much Jurek;

15 yaers ago I did it in my mathcad alghorithm according to PN-84 and later PN:1999

I see now I have to write my own software if Robot stoped in the previous decade.

BR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report