Robot Structural Analysis

Valued Contributor
MohammadZaman
Accepted Solution

Pushover Analysis

827 Views, 2 Replies
11-13-2012 04:39 AM

Hello

I want to place nonlinear hinges and do pushover analysis . I modeled hinges as flexural hinge . But when I run the analysis, I receive some messages that show there is instability. What should I do now?

Could you please help me?

I have attached model and screen shots.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Product Support
pp2008

Re: Pushover Analysis

11-15-2012 07:43 AM in reply to: MohammadZaman

Hello,

you have defined non-linear hinge with relative definition of stiffness:

hinge.png

In such case the actual stiffness is calculated basing on properties of bars for which hinge is used.

In your model there were some problems to use the properties of IPE 200 sections - it resulted in reporting instability of the structure and no convergence.

After re-definition of IPE 200 section label analysis is convergent. Attached model corrected this way.

Your original model will be analyzed to find the reason of abnormal behavior.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answers your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Regards,

Pawel Pulak
Please use plain text.
ania_kucha

Re: Pushover Analysis

03-11-2014 02:12 PM in reply to: pp2008

Hi,

I'm looking for help. I tried to make a pushover analysis for concrete 2D frame. First of all I have problem with define a nl hings. I think, I can do it for steel, not for concrete. So I did it.

Second, when I did steel 2D frame in analysis there was mistake with third case of load (lack of definition of modal analysis). I have only one case of load - axes load in hinge.

What I do wrong? Please help me!!!

Please use plain text.