Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purlin Design - Rotational Stiffness

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RRufino
752 Views, 5 Replies

Purlin Design - Rotational Stiffness

Hello,

I'm writing this post while testing cold formed purlin design taking advantage of steel sheeting stiffness (Eurocode 3 - EN1993-1-3).

This is an eurocode and robot doubt, taking a look on a random purlin detailed result there is CDA: rotational stiffness of the connection between the sheeting and the purlin. Eurocode expression is: CD,A=C100.kbA.kt.kbR.kA.kbT, where for gravity loads kA has 4 expressions depending on sheeting position and thickness, but all depending from "A: load introduced from sheeting to beam". How is robot calculating this value A?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

RR

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: RRufino

A is assumed as the maximal value allowed by the  the point 10.1.5.2.(5)  = 12 kN/m

12.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
RRufino

Thanks Artur but in fact, as far as i could understand, using the highest boundary of "A" lead us to optimistic (non-conservative) approach. This is not we expect from design software (if it was a conservative approach, i was ok with it).

If possible please take a look to this issue.

Thanks,

RR

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

I have added the request for the manual definition of A value to the wish list.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
RRufino
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Artur, nice idea.

You can also consider to give a chance to users choose that CDA is determinated by 10.1.5.2 (7), in my opinion this is the way commonly used by structural designers.

Have a nice 2014 😉
Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

As there are 3 ways of calculating CD,A and two for CD,C I have created the request for the possibility of manual definition of CD (10.1.5.2(1))

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report