Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing Actual Reinforcement

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
davidgholmes
583 Views, 7 Replies

Providing Actual Reinforcement

Simple question I think: is there a reason why I can't specify the reinforcement in the 'Reinforcement Parameters' box, as shown in attached screenshot?

I know Robot assumes 12s as a default but am trying to increase this to reduce the deflection.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Many Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: davidgholmes

Check rebar databases on the list

rebardatabase.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
davidgholmes
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I have the BS standard appearing as the database (which I am designing to), do I need to use the Eurocodes standard to change the rebar?

Message 4 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

NO, the screen shot was showing where to find \ set \ check set databases.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8
davidgholmes

Ok thanks,

If there is a database (which I assume contians all the info on the different bars?) is there something different I need to do to put bigger bars in the slab?

Message 6 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

I think I am getting lost.

Just select diameters...

diamsel.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8
davidgholmes

Thanks,

For some reason there was no grade of reinforcement slected which is why there was no options available to select the bar size.

However, this leads me onto my next question: I have analysed the model for required reinforcement with answers being generated (areas of steel), but the model will not let me analyse for provided reinforcment (see screenshot). Am I missing a simple step and/or option for this to be done.

In case it isn't clear the calculations button is greyed out. Looking at the online help the first step for this is to use the reinforcement pattern box, but I can't find it anywhere?!

Thanks again for your help

Message 8 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

For some reason there was no grade of reinforcement slected which is why there was no options available to select the bar size.

However, this leads me onto my next question: I have analysed the model for required reinforcement with answers being generated (areas of steel), but the model will not let me analyse for provided reinforcment (see screenshot). Am I missing a simple step and/or option for this to be done.

In case it isn't clear the calculations button is greyed out. Looking at the online help the first step for this is to use the reinforcement pattern box, but I can't find it anywhere?!

It seems you have missed one step.

After req reinf calculations please select panel(s) then import them to Provided reinforcement module

Screen shot from righ hand side toolbar.

rpov.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report