Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with finite elements

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
676 Views, 5 Replies

Problems with finite elements

Hello everyone, I've been using RSA for a few months only and I am having some trouble working with finite elements.

The case I am attaching is of a single beam, which I cannot manage to model correctly.

The file entitled "pulling beam 200t R1" is the bar modelling for the global structural analysis, no problems there.

Then I there's "pulling beam 200t paneles2" which is the beam modeled as panels, but when I try to have it meshed I get a "no material" error. I noticed that under Properties no thickness seems to be applied although I did assign it before, and if I try to assign it after the mesh has been made suddenly the panel "dissappears" and the only thing showing is the selected mesh.

Finally the file "pulling beam 200t finito" was made from a .sat file as a solid. That one won't even generate a mesh, it just crashes...

Anyway, I would appreciate very much any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Then I there's "pulling beam 200t paneles2" which is the beam modeled as panels, but when I try to have it meshed I get a "no material" error. 

1. Update robot 2014 with SP2

2. Delete ovelaping panels  96 98  

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks for the quick response. Just done both items and now I don't get the "no material" error, but still no thickness and disappearing panels...any thoughts?
Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have ACIS ON ?

Acison.jpg

File attached

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

Solid

solid.jpg

File: http://we.tl/KGAfX5fiK9

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback, it really worked. But now I have the following: When creating a cladding in order to apply a surface load whenever I create the mesh the following warning shows "Loads applied to faces without claddings will not be included in calculations." And supposedly the "face" in conflict is the cladding I've created. Attached is the corresponding file. Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report