Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with steel verification.

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
StructuralSilver55
457 Views, 10 Replies

Problem with steel verification.

I've got this problem when I try to do the steel verification. Same profiles in both models. 

The difference is that in the second one I used the "Intersect" comand.

Which of two models should be valid? When I see calculation details, the verification says that the problem is Nb,rd. I've verified the nodes and they are correctly connected.

Click here to download model:

t1.JPG

t2.JPG

Thank you very much for your help

The

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

try to set the auto slanderness definition for the bars (for example bar n°372), like shown in the following pic:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 11

I continue having the same problem...

Now security factors are lower...

If I intersect I solve the problem , and I dont know exactly what is the reason! Thank you very much for your answer!

t3.JPG

Message 4 of 11

HI,

can you post the detailed verification report for the bars in the two different case?

I'm very curious to investigate your issue.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 5 of 11

Case with no intersected bars:

t4.JPG

Case with intersected bars: (I chose one of them, because I intersected them).

t5.JPG

The problem is in the mechanical slenderness (lambda z), as you can see. When I divide the bars , the problem dissapears!

Its a little confusing...

Message 6 of 11

If I intersect I solve the problem , and I dont know exactly what is the reason! Thank you very much for your answer!

Please check: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Steel-Beams-Verification/m-p/4830433

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 11

Well, the problem is obviously due to the slanderness. You can try to select the automatic slanderness calculation using the flag "in all the internal node" af the bars. Be carefull to check the real slanderness of the bar, you can try to do a Buckling analysis to evaluate the real behaviour of the structure in the inquiring bars.

greetings.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 8 of 11

and http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/STEEL-DESIGN-INSTABLE-SECTION-SLENDERNESS-Be...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 11

At the end I had to do calculations by hand...

This issue should be more user-friendly in next versions!

Message 10 of 11

I'd say it is actually  very user friendly and a lot of is done (detected) automatically Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 11

Thank you very much for your answer Artur!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report