Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with load applying in cladding

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
FilRib
795 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with load applying in cladding

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem when i try to apply a perpendicular load to A PART of a cladding. The program is generating a load according to global Z axis and i want to consider the cladding Z axis.

Please see pictures below:

1. Applying the Load:

2.JPG

2 - Final Result

1.JPG

The result should be : Load perpendicular to panel and with opposite sign!

I tryed with planar load 3p on contour and the result is the same.

Thanks in advance!

Filipe Ribeiro

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: FilRib

Please check the attached picture. Mind to generate model first.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
FilRib

Hi Artur,

Thanks for the quick response, but i think you miss understood me.

This is what i want:

Certo.jpg

(this picture is edited in paint. I cant make the software generate a load like this)

And this is what i get (using uniform planar load on contour and with Planar load 3p on contour):

Errado.jpg

The loaded element its a cladding, not a bar! and i want to apply a load in part of it. 

Anexo.jpg

Thanks!

FR

EDIT: I'm reaching the conclusion that the calculations are right but the graphical representation is wrong. Is it true?

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

The display of the load definition is actually as you said but this is not the load as finally applied to the bars that 'support' the cladding. During the model generation this load is 'replaced' with load applied to the bars and which can be visible in the way I indicated on the picture (red frames). Such generated bar loads should no longer be vertical but inclined according to the local Z axis of the cladding. This is the reason the loads applied to bars are generated as vertical and horizontal ones (the equivalent loads will be parallel the local Z of the cladding).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
FilRib
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Just a conclusion note:

I think the graphical representation should be perpendicular to cladding, otherwise it could lead to modeling errors.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

This load is a bit more versatile and therefore not that easy to be shown without switching to the 'model generated' one Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report