Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with generating automatic combinations of loads

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jordan.v.dimov
1791 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with generating automatic combinations of loads

Hi All,

I have following, problem with my model:

While i try to generate load combination thru : LOADS -> Loadcase Code Generations : when i try to start "manual generations - generate " my computer goes still there is no reason for this from my point of view.

I don't have problem with other files that why I'm asking here.

I attach my file to take a look if some one need to.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I think that having 29 live load cases that can be arranged in every possible way you just have to wait for generation of 2^29 combinations (I excluded the dead load case from the equation). If you need them all mind to set the correct number of combination limit in Job Preferences Smiley Wink

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

don't tell me that robot is able to make 2^29 combination i will not believe you 🙂

soon we will reach the number of stars in the milky way!

try to make groups and link them with boolean operators

Message 4 of 5

Creating groups of live load cases to reduce the total number of combinations to be created is indeed the suggested solution Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

Hi'  have solved the problem by my own few minutes ago.

The issue was : in load case table type of calculations was Linear, but actually I have Non linear calculation because I have a cables in the model. When I went to calculations and returned back to loadcases table all cases were changed back to nonlinear. And then I was able to generate my combinations.

P.P. 29 Live loads doesn't mean 29^2 load combinations. If in "Automatic combinations generation" you use "manual generations - generate" and change Live loads group operator to "or" you generate relatively short list of combinations - in my case 132 LOAD Combinations - only for ULS.

Some times I used to have to 400 Live loads in the same way and there was not problems.

Thank you for your time, every one.

Below I attach pictures to see what I mean

Step 1:

Capture 01.JPG

Step2:

Capture 02.JPG

Step 3:

Capture 03.JPG

Step 4:

Capture 04.JPG

Step 5:

Capture 05.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report