Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with cladding

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
1644 Views, 7 Replies

Problem with cladding

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with claddings. Im using latest Robot SA 2014 professional.

The problem is, whenever I try to define a CLADDING it shows up in Object Inspector as a regular Geometrical Obejcta Contour. This makes impossible to define a surface load (or any other kind), each time I try to perform a Calculation following error shows up: Loads applied to faces withouth claddings will not be included in calculations. Im working on a 3D Frame but my problem also occurs in Building Design (didn't try anywhere else). I used to know how to work with this tool, apparently something is different in latest version. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: 16220316

Attach a sample file please.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Here is a sample. I'm not sure if this is what you asked for though. Thanks for any kind of advice.

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Please check: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/claddings-error/m-p/4431633

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

It does not seem like a satisfying solution. That way cladding has no purpose at all. But if I'm to accept it I guess I need two questions to be answered.

1. How can I make curtain wall exclude from FEM? I don't need/want waste resources on meshing. 

2. How how can I make it to distribute load one-way ? 

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

It does not seem like a satisfying solution. That way cladding has no purpose at all.

Have you actually tried to switch off default definition of surface objects as ACIS, restart Robot and then create a new model with a cladding ?

"as you defined them as ACIS object which is not recommended for panels I would suggest to set the preferences as on the same picture, delete these objects, save the file under a new name, restart Robot, open the file and define them again as claddings."

Acis default definition switched off.PNG

1. How can I make curtain wall exclude from FEM? I don't need/want waste resources on meshing. 

Have you checked if a curtain wall is actually meshed?

"The only difference between a cladding and a curtain wall is that you can apply self weight for the later based on the assigned thickness."

curtain wall2.PNG

2. How how can I make it to distribute load one-way ? 

You should assign such parameter to a defined cladding (or select it in the dialog above for a curtain wall).

load distribution definition.PNG

If the above does not solve your situation send me such the models created in this way.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you for your contionus patience. When it comes to meshing it did in fact mesh despite the option "no fine elements" was marked, that's why I felt the need to ask. As for my primal problem, it seems that everything was fixed by unmarking "define by default in a Solid Modeler format". What's more, I investigated once again "curtain wall" issues and it also works like a charm. I dont know any details about Solid Modeler but apparently it is something I should avoid in the future! Thank you again.

Message 8 of 8

Hi, i'm confused. Yesterday my claddings are not attach to the floor plan, it's like in the middle between floor to floor. I try to deleted the claddings since the area loads were attached to the claddings and the beam didn't carried any area loads and i delete all the area loads too, and start draw a new claddings that attach in the floor plans, and assign  a new area loads to my new claddings that attach to the floor plans. But when i start calculation there are instability type 1 and 2 and the warning still the same which are:

1. Linear loads has not been applied to a panel

2. Loads applied to faces whithout claddings will not be included in calculations

3. And instability type 1 and 2

What should i do?? Please help 😞

Here are the screenshot and the robot model file before i draw new claddings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums