Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in design combined footing

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
MUHANNAD.ABU_ABDO
1896 Views, 14 Replies

Problem in design combined footing

I'm wondering when i design combined footing , i tried to adjust the columns dimension and the spacing between cols .. then the robot should calculate the dimension of footing & the soil pressure under footing accroding to the applied columns load .. the probem when i was try to adjust the columns dimension this message appears .. so how i can solve it ?

footing.jpg

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Structural Design Engineer
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

the distance between the center lines of the columns is set to (2.1 m) while the width of the combined footing is ( 2 m)
Message 3 of 15

Neglect it .. even if you correct it , the problem still appears .. i tried

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 4 of 15

Try to type A as 4m.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 15

I tried .. it's not work ,, the problem still existing

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 6 of 15

Attach the rtd file ad indicate the name of the foundation to look at.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 15

i'm not start to design .. because i can't modify the column dimension

this is the example
http://site.iugaza.edu.ps/sshihada/files/2012/09/Footings-3.pdf

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 8 of 15

2 col foundation1.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 15

Thanks a lot Arthur .. another question how i can get shear force & bending moment diagrames ?

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 10 of 15

The values of design forces can be found in the calculation note. The RC Spread Footing module doesn't create diagrams of bending moments or shear forces.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 15

Okay thanks a lot .. the last question is Df say = 2 meters .. there's two choices N1 , Nf .. which one i can use to enter Df ?

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 12 of 15

'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Could you attach the picture that illustrates the situation please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 15

43243253.jpg

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 14 of 15

soil level.png

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 15
aosbwz
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

hi 

i have similier problem which is the dimension between column is less than the real one in the model 

how can i fix it 

in the plan is about 3m while in the design dimension is 0.75m error e2 robot.pngScreenshot_1.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report