Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem for creating new Steel Profiles in Robot Professional

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tecnico
423 Views, 4 Replies

Problem for creating new Steel Profiles in Robot Professional

Hello,

I want to create a profile which is a kind steel pipes but with a little complex shape. I make the drawing as dwg file, creating the outside lines, and when I import it to Robot, it recognises as two different lines if I import it as thin section, and as a full piece, it does not recognise the inside line and makes it as a full solid piece. It allows me to make it correctly for non closed profiles, but not to closed ones. Is there anyway I can do as i want?

Also I try to make the piece as a thin profile, it only allows me to do it with 2mm thickness. How can I change the thickness for the thin profiles?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tecnico
in reply to: tecnico

Hello,

I want to create a profile which is a kind steel pipes but with a little complex shape. I make the drawing as dwg file, creating the outside lines, and when I import it to Robot, it recognises as two different lines if I import it as thin section, and as a full piece, it does not recognise the inside line and makes it as a full solid piece. It allows me to make it correctly for non closed profiles, but not to closed ones. Is there anyway I can do as i want?

Also I try to make the piece as a thin profile, it only allows me to do it with 2mm thickness. How can I change the thickness for the thin profiles?

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

Send us this dwg file

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 5
tecnico
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello,

I send attached two examples of dwg I tried to use for creating profiles.
With the first one I wanted to make a 2mm thick profile and with the second
5mm thick.

Regards

Dpto T?cnico

Asthor Agr?cola S.A.

C/ M? la Pondala, 41

33393 Gij?n

Principado de Asturias - Espa?a

Tel.- +34 985 30 37 52 Fax.- +34 985 30 37 53

www. asthor.com
Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

1. Draw an inner contour that will create the opening

2. Select the object and press right mouse button to change thickness

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report