Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Frame - Rafter (calculation query)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
846 Views, 2 Replies

Portal Frame - Rafter (calculation query)

I have a question regarding a portal frame structure I am working on. There are two portal frames spaced 7m apart and the frames have pinned bases. The rafter has a haunch at eaves and at the apex.

I know that the rafter will have several key points which need to be checked to ensure failure does not occur. My question is, can I force robot to perform the calculations at a specific point along the member. E.g. I want it to run the calculations at the tip of the eaves haunch, at mid span, and at mid way along the eaves haunch. This is because I want to see if it takes into account the haunch when calculating moment resistance of the section (plus haunch).

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Please check: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Steel-design/m-p/3340849

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

This software is unbelievable - Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report