Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pile Caps with Robot

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
11043 Views, 28 Replies

Pile Caps with Robot

I would like to know if it is possible to design pile caps using Robot. Thanks, Gustavo

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
CKDDIZ
in reply to: CKDDIZ

Message 22 of 29
CKDDIZ

Message 23 of 29
CKDDIZ

Message 24 of 29
CKDDIZ

Message 25 of 29
Artur.Kosakowski

Second model of the pile cap with piles modeled as spring node supports. for moments and shear forces calculation, the reactions of the piles agree also very good. Moments and shear forced on the other hand not so much.

My understanding is we have already covered this topic.

The pdf file racomends to use beams as idealized grillage elements in order to find the moments and shear forces for reinforcement design of the pile cap.

and this is the model from the post 15 whereas yours is similar to the one from post 17. As you can see the later includes bi-directional behavior of the panel which influences the results. These are two different models (compare values of shear forces 1425 vs. 1018 for the same load) and for the book 'approach' you should create a number of beam type models rather than a panel one.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 26 of 29
Message 27 of 29

hi i could not open the file please help me
Message 28 of 29

hi i could not opent this file help me please
Message 29 of 29

Could you please help me how do I have to do to create a simple elastic support.

Your valuable helps are much appreciated.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report