10-31-2012 06:19 AM in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you again, very helpfull

Please use plain text.
Active Contributor
PatrickSt-Louis5310

Re: Pile Caps with Robot

11-05-2012 08:49 AM in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you , Jakub & Artur,

for this, it will be very helpfull, for us when we have to perform this kind of analysis but you have to understand that for each changein the load or uin the geometry  the user have to make new modelling process in order to create, the pile cap in the general model, so I'm asking you If RSA developers don't have plan to enlarge the Foundation module, by adding some features like design and analysis for standard pile cap such as rectangular, square, traingular and circular, as RAM concrete and Cypecad are doing it  actually  (see figure below in attachements). That's could be a goal to achieve because in REVIT Structure, actually thoses objects are verry well developed whitout any link with ARSA. So I tihink that pile cap design and pile analysis itself and design are two features that must be include in the future in RSA releases, in oder to follow the REVIT Structure cruise and in the other hand to keep you at the same level with the other softwares editors.

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

11-06-2012 06:11 AM in reply to: PatrickSt-Louis5310

Patrick,

I have added this request to the wish list.

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
CKDDIZ

11-13-2012 07:01 AM in reply to: CKDDIZ

Hi,

The model of a pile cap 2.1x2.1x0.8m designed in ARSA.

In the PDF file the example is calculated using a) truss analogy b)bending theory

1) truss analogy for designing pile caps in RSA is not available, but member forces and node forces can be calculated, and after a manual calculation of reinforcement can be done??

2) bending theory is available, the pile cap is modeled as a shell, the reinforcement required is provided by RSA?

Is it possible to arrange the reinforcement as in the PDF file??

In the graphoc view - slab reinforcement - reinforcement is always - top reinforcement - see picture 

3) to get the right results of bending moments and shear force diagram as in the PDF file, I am using panel cut results.

Im not beeing succesful in getting the right results, can you please help me??

Thank you in advance

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

11-14-2012 12:53 AM in reply to: CKDDIZ

The model of a pile cap 2.1x2.1x0.8m designed in ARSA.

In the PDF file the example is calculated using a) truss analogy b)bending theory

1) truss analogy for designing pile caps in RSA is not available, but member forces and node forces can be calculated, and after a manual calculation of reinforcement can be done??

Yes, the Nsd is just the total sum of vertical reactions.

2) bending theory is available, the pile cap is modeled as a shell, the reinforcement required is provided by RSA?

Is it possible to arrange the reinforcement as in the PDF file??

In the graphoc view - slab reinforcement - reinforcement is always - top reinforcement - see picture 

3) to get the right results of bending moments and shear force diagram as in the PDF file, I am using panel cut results.

Im not beeing succesful in getting the right results, can you please help me??

The book uses the model as below:

pile cup.PNG

and calculates bending reinforcement as for a RC Beam.

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
CKDDIZ

11-14-2012 01:15 AM in reply to: CKDDIZ

Thank you,

I understand that the book uses the beam theory to calculate the shear forces and bending moments of the plate theoretically changed as a beam.

Will it be possible to obtain close values of the moments and shear forces when the pile cap is desinged in RSA as a shell?

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

11-14-2012 01:41 AM in reply to: CKDDIZ

Depends how you define the 'close' range. Mind that for a shell model the influence of the bi-directional behavior of the 'slab' will reduce the values of internal forces for a 'single' direction.  The 1:1 side to side proportion does not look like a linear element example. You can compare results using the attached model.

pile cap2.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
CKDDIZ

11-14-2012 05:31 AM in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you,

regarding the reinforcement if it can be modified as in the pdf? or if its possible to add horizontal reinforcement links through the pile cap thickness?

also in the graphic view the bottom reinforcement appears as top one!!

Thanks again and very helpful as always :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

11-14-2012 05:51 AM in reply to: CKDDIZ
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
CKDDIZ

11-19-2012 03:36 AM in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello,

Im modeling a pile cap in RSA, the example is given in the pdf file.

First RSA file Pile modeling with spring nodes agrees very good with the pfd file results.

Second model of the pile cap with piles modeled as spring node supports. for moments and shear forces calculation, the reactions of the piles agree also very good. Moments and shear forced on the other hand not so much.

Maybe is that I dont understand the interpretation of the moments in RSA, or I am modeling the wrong way for finding moments and shear forces. Moments and shear forces in pdf ( page 345)

The pdf file racomends to use beams as idealized grillage elements in order to find the moments and shear forces for reinforcement design of the pile cap.

Can you please help me

Thank you

Please use plain text.