Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phases / Stage simulation for a building in Robot Structural 2014 SP5

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jfhenriques
367 Views, 1 Reply

Phases / Stage simulation for a building in Robot Structural 2014 SP5

Hello!

I'm trying to do a staged analysis of a building with around 30 floors.

First, I've defined the whole structure, including the loads and combinations and run an linear analysis. However, now I want to apply the self-weight floor by floor (or groups of floors) and the remaining loads only to the whole structure, but I think that I'm doing something wrong...
Here is what I've done:
- frozen all the meshs;
- defined the stages: for each new stage, I've previously hand-selected the elements that will belong to that stage and the elements from the previous stages (by the way, what does the "check-box" near each phase?);
- defined a "base stage" as the one where the structure is completed;

When I create a stage/phase, I've only selected the load case corresponding to the self-weight, except for the last stage, corresponding to the whole structure, where I've selected all the load cases (I don't know so far if this influences or not the load cases considered in each stage by the program, but it doesn't seems so because there are results for each load case in each stage and I only want the self-weight to be considered in the construction stages and the remaining load cases in the completed structure).

Here is a link to the model (I've erased the elevated floors except the first one to reduce the model size).

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0GKt7N2MsZnMDJ6dFZ1ZFJjYlE&usp=sharing

Anyone can help me with this issue and explain me how can I do an staged analysis like this, considering only the concrete load during the construction stage and the remaining loads at the end, and finally combining the sum of self-weight with the other actions?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jfhenriques
in reply to: jfhenriques

Hello!

Any thought about this question? I'm a little bit stuck with this...

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report