Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panels with Linear Releases Create Isolated Nodes During Verification

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
RoboExploiter
958 Views, 6 Replies

Panels with Linear Releases Create Isolated Nodes During Verification

Hi Guys,

I've created a model with some vertical panels that are constructed seperately, and have no continuity between them.  To model this I have included linear release between panels.  I have blocked rotation of the panels about the axis perpendicular to their face to prevent type 2 instability, as advised in the user guide.

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2012/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-553887D6-36D5-4A7D-A98D-F3524D285E7-257.htm

When i verify the model, Robot creates isolated nodes between panels.  If I delete them, they come back upon verification.

In addition when I filter the isolated nodes, Robot is only displaying 12 of the 42 isolated nodes.

I've sent the file to Zip file to Rafal, because it is too large to load up here (2.3 MB) 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tony.ridley
in reply to: RoboExploiter

I had this problem today too.  After assigning edge release, I delete the mesh but the nodes stay.  

Tony

Message 3 of 7

In this case linear releases should be defined only on one side of common edges

SHould be like that:

linrel.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 7
tony.ridley
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Happened on free edge too though

Message 5 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: tony.ridley

Of course, linearal releases should not be defined on free egdes.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 7

Linear releases are modeled with use of DSC elements which connect two nodes; the new calculation one at the released edge of a panel and old (from mesh generation) that should  belong to another object which of course is not possible if this is a free edge.

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-16BFFEDB-D4E0-496D-B002-C361E21FEF87.htm

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Sorry, poor explanation on my part.

Happened on edge of panels connected to a beam, but of course did not define release on "free" edge of panel.  Sorry for confusion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report