Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel calculation warnings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
stroxy
1549 Views, 7 Replies

Panel calculation warnings

I am getting warnings about insufficient reinforcement in certain nodes after calculating a panel although the reinforcing zone dialogue (as well as reqd vs. prov reinforcement in calculation note) indicate the reinforcement is sufficient.  Could this be because the nodes for which warnings are being generated are outlying (due to singularity) values and can be ignored due to ability of concrete to distribute stresses?

please see attached file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: stroxy

Could you send us the model with generated reinforcement?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
stroxy
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Ok quite a large file so will send by email to product support.  However please see attached for where I think the problem is

Message 4 of 8
stroxy

File sent to structural support email.  Have you looked at my previous post on where I think the problem may be originating?

Message 5 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

I need to check the model before making any comment.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

As far as I can see you manually defined two zones with the identical spacing 200 mm. This results in having bars each 200 mm and each 100 mm depending on the location on the slab. This is larger than required area but the problem is that due to such definition the actual reinforcement bar distribution is done in such way that the rebars in the denser zone overlap (one on top of another). You can easily;y see this on the reinforcement viewer or on a generated drawing. As the verification is done for real rebars distribution (in case you manually edited it e.g. moving or deleting some rebars) the 'doubled' bars are detected as single ones which results in having the lack of reinforcement warning.

I would suggest to define the zones as on the attached pictures instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
stroxy

Thanks Boss!!

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

The enhanced warning has been introduced in RSA 2017

4.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report