Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Modification

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stroxy
516 Views, 5 Replies

Panel Modification

I have a recatangular panel, representing a raft foundation.  I want to modify the area under the lift (elevator) core walls by dropping it deeper (to accomodate lift equipment) , what is the best workflow to achieve that,short of remodelling the whole panel from scratch?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: stroxy

1. Create the opening within the lift area inside the existing raft foundation

2. Create a panel of the size of the opening below the existing raft foundation

3a. Create vertical panels to connect edges of the opening with edges of the newly created panel

or

3b. Use rigid links to connect nodes generated along the edges of the opening with the corresponding nodes of the panel you created below the opening

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Hi

3a. Create vertical panels to connect edges of the opening with edges of the newly created panel

Can't core walls be extended to the newly created panel?

Message 4 of 6

In general any vertical panel can be 'extended' to a new level but I'm not sure if I understand this particular design situation correctly.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

Hi Artur

In general any vertical panel can be 'extended' to a new level but I'm not sure if I understand this particular design situation correctly.

I mean:

stroxy wrote in the first message:

I have a recatangular panel, representing a raft foundation.  I want to modify the area under the lift (elevator) core walls by dropping it deeper (to accomodate lift equipment) , what is the best workflow to achieve that,short of remodelling the whole panel from scratch?

I suggest that Instead of 

you can write:

3a. extend the lift (elevator) core walls to edges of  the newly created panel.

Isn't it better to extend the lift core walls rather than creating vertical panel to conncet edges of the opening with edges of the newly created panel?

Message 6 of 6

I'd say it depends on what is easier to do for you and the next steps you want to make such as:

- accessing results (e.g. reduced results for panels)

- definition of stories

- thickness of the part of a wall below and above the raft foundation

- application of loads 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report