Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Definition Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tony.ridley
501 Views, 4 Replies

Panel Definition Problem

Hi all,

I have modelled a concrete building using beams, columns walls and slabs.  

Ususally, with any kind of panel, you can see a faint brown coloured line (the panel contour) around the inside edges of the panel.  Also when you select a panel, you can use the object inspector to change panel thickness, contour geometry etc.

With my model in question, I can no longer see the panel contours or use the object inspector to change the panel properties.  

I have open the file in recovery, and also changed the structure geometry from building to shell in order to see if it makes any difference, but it does not.  I've also re-run the calculation model but makes no difference.  

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Cheers,

Tony 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: tony.ridley

Hi

It could be good to see the model file. Or at least file with w few such panels to check them.

Such situation may appear if you open file from ARSA 2012 in ARSA 2011 or panels are converted to ACIS panels.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5
gcmchan
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. In some of my models, I can select the edges to modify it but for some reason in other models I can't do that. Is there a setting which allows you to pick the edges?

All my models are in the same version of Robot.

Thank you

Gabriel

Message 4 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: gcmchan

Try Tools \ Customize \ Open layouts from template or open file in repair mode.

If it does not help please send us sample model.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 5
bjornhgr
in reply to: tony.ridley

Just to cover all the bases, it's not just a case of "panel contours" switched off in the display dialog box?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report