I have large strucutre model . Can you help me to get only reaction of structure model and export to a new model of robot to analysis and design only raft foundation?
Note : When i saved the raft as (Substructure) , I couldnt do any changes such as (elastic coeficient value). because i will lose every thing .
Solved! Go to Solution.
You may try to use the following approach:
1. Calculate the entire model and display reactions in the table for the part you want to analyze in the separate model
2. Convert this table to Excel and modify so that it has the load table arrangement. The goal is to replace reactions with nodal forces for the substructure model
3. Save the substructure with the part of the model you want to design
4. Open the substructure and make the necessary geometrical changes
5. Replace the loads with the modified one from the Excel table
If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.
I am attaching Excel file with macro doing that.
Mininmum force value - forces, moments with values lower than indicated (in N) will not be applied to target model.
Let me know if you need more explanations.
Thanks all ,
It is great to use this micro for the nodal support case , but I will be very happy if I get help (micro) for my case in the attached file . I want to get the forces and moments in columns and wall then I will use them in separate file(target file) to analysis and design raft foundation only.
Thanks a lot
This macro transfer reactions from supports but you need something else = different macro, I have such macro but I need to adjust it to your needs. Also model must be modified in certain way.
Thanks all ,
It is great to use this macro for the nodal support case , but I will be very happy if I get help (macro) for my case in the attached file . I want to get the forces and moments in columns and wall then I will use them in separate file(target file) to analysis and design raft foundation only.
Thanks a lot
I very much appreciate your effort, and I'm waiting for the right macro for my case , I will be very happy to get it.
Thanks in advance
Macro takes internal forces from bottom (geometricaly lower Z coordinate nodes) of selected bars and adds them as loads (transfered to GCS) to target file. It is recommended to keep node numbers the same in both files like in previous macro.
So your original model must be changed a little. Wall must be disconnected from slab and connected by bars with very high stiffeness (similar to rigid link). Take a look at attached files
I would like to greet you for your assistance , and could i know if there is any other way (macro) to get the internal forces in RC walls specially when we have large structure with many RC walls?
You can get all results (almost?) from robot by API but I guess you are not looking for internal force results maybe reduced forces.
I guess the simplest procedure should be like that:
- from original model copy foundation slab to new file
- remove this slab and apply supports under walls \ columns attached previously to foundation slab, calculate model and save it.
- use macro to transfer reactions as loads into slab only model
- play with slab only model.
- when you are happy with slab results please update slab data in original model and calculate it
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|AutoCAD Land Desktop|
|AutoCAD Plant 3D|
|AutoCAD Raster Design|
|AutoCAD Structural Detailing|
|Ecotect Analysis - Desktop Tools|
|Green Building Studio - Web-Based Service|
|Robot Structural Analysis|