Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset wont stay after closing window, why?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ovedmata
955 Views, 5 Replies

Offset wont stay after closing window, why?

I have added a continuous RC beam (16"x40") on perimeter building from base (level 0) to crawling space (leve -4). However the beam centers itself to the slab while what i need is for it to to align its upper flange to the slab. When i go to Geometry>additional attribute>offset and create the offset with the position set to the upper flange it makes the change to the beam but only lasts for as long as i keep the offset window open? Once I close the offset window the beam goes back to position itself to the center.

I have made sure the offset is applied to all connecting members (perimter beams).

I have run the model with and without calculations.

And nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Oved

p.s. thank you very much for replying to my posts. As a rookie to this software I really appreciate you all's patience.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ZHUKOV_ING
in reply to: ovedmata

you must turn on offset from display menu (right mouse click on backround and select display menu) then from model submenu select offset and click OK.

Message 3 of 6
ovedmata

Got it, thank you.
Message 4 of 6
ovedmata
in reply to: ZHUKOV_ING

Do you know if we can add an offset to the slab when drawing the floor or contour? When I set up my grid I have to set it up 6" to the outside of the column centers and its so annoying. I was hoping I could just set the offset such as SAFE does. I'm sorry if its a primitive question, but I havn't found anything that will send me in that direction.

Thanks

Oved

Message 5 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

Hi

Offset can by applied only to bars

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 6
ovedmata

Thankyou for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report