Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset forces for design in RC module

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
robo-bart
436 Views, 3 Replies

Offset forces for design in RC module

Hi everyone,

I want to know how I can command Robot to design for forces "at face" of joints rather than at the ends. This proves proves useful when optimizing for design, especially for RC members.

I specifically would like to know if it can be done for the RC column design module (with provided reinforcements).  Attached is a graphic of what I intend to do. Thanks in advance.

Rico

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

In the RC Beam design module this is done by default if you select concrete support type. For the RC Column design module you would need to define your column as 3 separate bars with the middle starting and ending at the 'faces' of the top and bottom beams and then export this 'middle' bar to the RC Column design module. Mind that you can edit the geometry of the column inside the RC design module after its import from the model if needed.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Artur, this solution is sensible Smiley Happy 

Maybe I'll just add a suggestion about having an option that allows for automatic offsetting of the column clear span according to the beams connected to it.

Message 4 of 4
pipiyedu
in reply to: robo-bart

There is another way to select the design forces in the RC Module? Something like supports on beams?

I'm Sorry Arthur, but this method is very annoying.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report