Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of missing eigenvalues found

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
pevelor
16057 Views, 12 Replies

Number of missing eigenvalues found

Hi

During modal analysis I get message saying the following:

Number of missing eigenvalues found = 2.

What does this message indicate?

Kind regards

Peder

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Eigenvalues/td-p/3201388

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Tips-for-using-Search-in-the-Autodesk-Forums... :Smiley Wink

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 13
pevelor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I am sorry for asking before thoroughly seaching. Anyways, thanks for your assistance.

Message 4 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

No problem. Feel free to ask any question you want. I know it is much easier to search when you already know the answer Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 13

I have the same issue

Number of missing eigen values found = 1

The issue did not appear until i decided to change the thickness of the slab at a section of the ground storey where the car park is located. Therefore i have different thickness of slab on the same floor.

can anyone understnd why by changing the thickness of the slab this type of issue appeared?

Message 6 of 13

Most likely such changed influenced the values of eigenfrequencies in such way that the initial run of the solver skipped one that was very closed to another. This may happen due to the nature of the solution itself and this is why the Sturm check verification is included in the the modal analysis parameters. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 13

Thank you for the reply....do you always use the sturm check in modal analysis?

Message 8 of 13

When I need to determine the values of eigenfrequences e.g. when I need to avoid the resonanse I always do (applies to buckling analysis too). On the other hand for seismic analysis when you need 90% of participating masses I usually don't as missing eigenvalues are not likely to be importantf or this kind of analysis and serach for them makes the calculation time to be longer. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 13

What about seismic analysis with design response spectrum, you still don't use the storm check?
Message 10 of 13

"On the other hand for seismic analysis when you need 90% of participating masses I usually don't as missing eigenvalues are not likely to be important for this kind of analysis and search for them makes the calculation time to be longer. "

In other words it is unlikely that the missing eignenvalue will be this which produces significant participating mass percentage when you reached 90% for others Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 13

Dear Artur,

In buckilng analysis these 'missing eigenvalues' are refered to the firsts (lower values) or last eigenvalues (higher values)^?

Message 12 of 13

Hi @marcos.wanke

You can't tell exactly. Some between the first and the last.

If one or more of these posts answered your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 13
elouhmoh
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Dear Artur,

First, really thank you for your help in pervious chats, I noted some notes for eigenvalues missing issue.
When I don't delete the mesh that generated from last calculation before run a new calculation, this waring (eigenvalues missing) appears. Any relation between it?

Also, How can I create cladding with irregular shapes (contour).

Best regards,
Mohammed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report