Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No materials in report

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
StroocturalEng
446 Views, 4 Replies

No materials in report

I have a large model imported from Revit where I have about 10 different materials. While the materials work fine, "Data - Materials" table in the report is filled with N/A. Am I miisng something or is it a bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I'm sorry but I'm bit confused by your description. What do you mean by materials work fine? Are you able to calculate the model in Robot? Could you delete most of the model leaving only sample bars or panels so that we could have a look at it please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

And additionally what is set on this window while exporting ?

mater.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 5

I used "Define new materials in Robot".

By materials working fine I mean the results are as expected and when I go to Job preferences -> Materials, all my Revit materials are there with correct properties. It is only the report where I see problems.

Another issue related to materials: I just noticed that when I create a new project and go to Job preferences -> Materials, the materials imported from Revit are still there. Should not Job preferences be specific to a particular project (job)?

I uploaded my project to MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?evtsi44afacquke), because interestingly even after deleting everything and saving without results the file was still 70MB.

Two other issues, slightly off-topic:

1. Trying to reduce the file size I opened the file in repair mode. I got message saying: "This project was created using a version of ROBOT different than the one used currently. The layout system will be changed." (which obviously is not true - what is that about?) and 70% of elements in my project disappeared.

2. I cannot figure out how to include in the report the bracing points defined for steel design.

Message 5 of 5

StroocturalEng wrote:

I used "Define new materials in Robot".

By materials working fine I mean the results are as expected and when I go to Job preferences -> Materials, all my Revit materials are there with correct properties. It is only the report where I see problems.

Thank you for the file. We will investigate why the Properties table has got incorrect display of information on the Materials tab. I have noticed that opening the file in the repair mode causes this tab to show the information correctly.

Another issue related to materials: I just noticed that when I create a new project and go to Job preferences -> Materials, the materials imported from Revit are still there. Should not Job preferences be specific to a particular project (job)?

No, the assumption is that you want to use the materials you created in Job Preferences not only in one project but in next ones as well. Otherwise you would have to do this each time you e.g. would like to use a 'missing' steel grade.

Two other issues, slightly off-topic:

1. Trying to reduce the file size I opened the file in repair mode. I got message saying: "This project was created using a version of ROBOT different than the one used currently. The layout system will be changed." (which obviously is not true - what is that about?)

After the repair mode Robot cannot distinguish the version in which a file was created (saved) and this warning is displayed by default.

and 70% of elements in my project disappeared.

I have made some tests and I can't see such problem. On the other hand the default display is limited to a selected story - perhaps this is the reason why not all objects are visible?

2. I cannot figure out how to include in the report the bracing points defined for steel design.

For selected steel codes it is possible to save the defined parameters as a note but this option is not available for the Canadian code yet (I have created a development request for adding this functionality for CSA). In such situation the only solution I can propose is to use old fashioned screen captures from the steel type definition dialog.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report