Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No convergance of nonlinear problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
492 Views, 4 Replies

No convergance of nonlinear problem

Following on from an earlier issue, I have corrected and now come across the error message in the analysis in any load combinations which I have simple load case 'temperature rise' applied.

I already have a similar simple load case 'temperature fall' which doesn't give the same problem. I have already went through and deleted/reapplied loads and combinations for the specific simple load case 'temperature rise' but to no avail.

All parameters are set as http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Nonlinear-analysis-Iteration/m-p/3385747#M35...

load type problem2.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Try the setings below.

It may happen that some simple cases may not converge due to lack of selfweight or...

IN such case set such case as Auxiliary then use it in combination(s).

If you want deeper check please send us model.

nlpar.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Unfortunately it happens for all load cases in which the simple case is applied. 'Temperature Rise' Load case

Would it have anything to do with truss type bars acting in Tension/Compression only and/or with pinned ends?

Edit:

I answered my own question. When I remove all my flat bars acting in tension only I get the error message.

Now the question is how do I model Flat bars in tension only? I don't think modelling them as cables is the correct way to go, as it doesn't take into account the Flat bar member section properties?

Message 4 of 5
tony.ridley

Yes that's right, you can't add temperature effects to bars with advanced properties of tension / compression only.           

Normally I'd just avoid adding the temperature to these bracings.  they have small cross section so the effects are normally not that great.  You could work out the tension imposed on a bar by the temperature and then just apply an axial force to the bar to represent that temperature. 

Tony

Message 5 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

Unfortunately it happens for all load cases in which the simple case is applied. 'Temperature Rise' Load case

Would it have anything to do with truss type bars acting in Tension/Compression only and/or with pinned ends?

As Tony said or set this case as AUX and use it in combinations... 

For any deeper check we need the file

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report