Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No axial force in truss

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
272 Views, 3 Replies

No axial force in truss

Hi, 
I have some trusses in my model and I have noticed, that their axial forces is very small (attached 2 screen-shots, one of them is view of truss and another one shows the axial force of bottom chord). It is a little bit strange, because the My is about 1800 kNm. Any reason, why the axial force is so small?

Thank in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Delete rigid links (diaphragms ?) then check.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

thank you very much for your answer. I did not know that diaghragms created rigid links, so as test, I deleted all of the rigid links that diaghragm created. After running the calculation, I checked the axial forces and they still are very small, but Robot has created the rigid links automatically once again . 
By the way, when I deleted the rigid links, I did not delete the nodes, that they create. When I ran the calculation, Robot give me a warning of "isolated nodes". But I do think, the isolated nodes will have any effect on the result.

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

I did not know that diaghragms created rigid links, so as test, I deleted all of the rigid links that diaghragm created. After running the calculation, I checked the axial forces and they still are very small, but Robot has created the rigid links automatically once again . 

Thats why I suggested to delete also diaphragms

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report