Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in design a steel building

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hiencao
271 Views, 1 Reply

Need help in design a steel building

Hello. I am very new to this software. I just downloaded it three days ago. I have messed with it since then. I figured out how to draw a 3-d building and how to put loads on it. And right now, I am at the point to select sections for the beams and columns. When I do "Member verification" with the default "W 16x40", I get a red cross sign. I know this sign means the section is not adequate. I am trying to decide on which sections to use. When I try on the "Code group design", check the box "Optimization", and click on "Calculations", it gives me a bunch of sections for only 1 single beam. Can someone take a look at my software and tell me how to make the program to select the best sections for different beams and columns? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: hiencao

You have defined one group containing lots of members with different sections. While defining group you have not selected sections \ families for group optimisation so program reported results for all families in group.

Below example how to set familes

steelde.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report