Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi directional Slope roof Modelling

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
576 Views, 1 Reply

Multi directional Slope roof Modelling

HI,

can you please help me in below 2 issues. currently I am workign on a project htat as roof deck sloping in multiple directions across 8 grids spacings.

1) How to model this multi direction sloped roof in robot ?

2) I have created Revit Structural Model with multi direction  slope roof and tried to import to Robot but the analytical model of the revit shows the roof deck flat ?

Regards,

Sampath

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

1) How to model this multi direction sloped roof in robot ?

It seems that you missed the picture of the roof so that I will try to provide the general answer. In Robot you can set arbitrary work plane defined by 3 points and then define bars or surfaces that model each of the parts of the roof.

2) I have created Revit Structural Model with multi direction  slope roof and tried to import to Robot but the analytical model of the revit shows the roof deck flat ?

In such case you need to either redefine it in Robot or use different approach on Revit e.g. model the roof as several inclined slabs).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report