Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving loads - Nothing happens

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
systemRobert
483 Views, 2 Replies

Moving loads - Nothing happens

I cant figure out why my moving load causes no reaction in the bars it is supposed to apply to. I've had this problema few times before, and solved it by taking an old model from a different project and reconstructed everything. I've compared a model from a different project now too, but I can't find any difference that could cause this.

The polyline which the load moves on lies in the exact same line as the bars.

I have a static installation load in the same model which works fine, see below

forum1.jpg

Please help me!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: systemRobert

Change Strucrture type onto Frame 3D or Shell

Moving loads do not work on Solid  \ Volumetric Strusture Type

NOTES for using moving loads for different structure types:

• Bar structures

For a bar-type structure (frame, truss, and grillage), you can apply a load generated by a vehicle defined using concentrated and linear forces. Concentrated forces are applied as a bar load. When a concentrated force does not hit directly onto a bar, Robot operates according to an algorithm that resolves the force over the neighboring bars. The linear force is modeled by 10 concentrated loads along the length of the linear load.

For bar-type structures, you cannot use vehicles defined using planar loads.

• Plate-shell structures

For a surface structures (plate and shell), you can use all types of vehicles (defined using a concentrated, linear or planar loads). A concentrated force is applied as a geometrical load at a point, applied to surface elements, and it is resolved onto the bar elements. Linear force is applied as a geometrical linear load to surface elements. It is not applied to bars. Surface force is applied as a geometrical contour load to surface elements. When using this type of load, the place where the contour load is applied is important, for it is generated on each panel located within the contour limits. To apply the load type only to selected panels, use the selection options when defining the moving load case.

• Bar-shell structures

For mixed structures (bar-shell), linear and planar load are applied only to the surface element. For a load originating in a vehicle to be applied directly to bars, use the concentrated forces in vehicle definition.

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-BEA8CBBC-187B-48C8-B72B-95BCCC7C4DF7.htm

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 3
systemRobert
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Well, there it is! I had selected the wrong structure type. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report