Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling RC beam with slabs connecting at different levels

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
stroxy
4636 Views, 7 Replies

Modelling RC beam with slabs connecting at different levels

What would be the best way to model a beam with a slab connecting on the upperside on one side and a slab connecting to the bottem end on the other side.  Almost like a Z shaped scenario or more precicely a beam at a suspended pool edge with the pool base on one side and the deck slab on the other?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: stroxy

1. Model the beam as a vertical panel

2. Model the beam in-between the horizontal panels with the same number on nodes along it as generated on the edges of the slabs. Connect the nodes with rigid links or short vertical bar elements.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
stroxy
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Would I need to divide the supporting columns at  the levels where the slabs frame into the beams?

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm not sure if I can imagine the layout of your structure correctly. Could you make some sketch please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
stroxy
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur

please find sketch attached

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

This is not necessary (unless you find it more useful for e.g. reinforcement calculations or reviewing of the results etc.)  as any node defined along a bar element divides it into smaller calculation elements. This is similar to e.g. a beam defined at the level of a slab.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
izuchukwu.obi

Hello Artur,

Is there a way to obtain the reinforcement for the beam connecting the 2 slabs?

Message 8 of 8

Good morning Artur,

Is there  a way to obtain the reinforcement for the beam connecting the 2 slabs?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report