Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling an elliptical section in Robot

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mpcloob
1375 Views, 9 Replies

Modeling an elliptical section in Robot

in the name of  GOD  .

hello

how can I model an elliptical section in Robot ?

please attach an image for your answer.

very thanks beforehand. Smiley Wink

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mpcloob

You can create a section of an arbitrary shape using the Section Builder module of Robot. There you can either draw its shape or import it from dxf file.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
mpcloob
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

in the name of  GOD  .

where is "section builder" in robot ?  please give me this path with image.

very thanks Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Please check: http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Robot/files/GUID-7D345A3C-0AB0-4077-987D-3B1C70CC33EC.ht...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
mpcloob

in the name of  GOD  .

thanks.

2 questions: 

1 ) can i draw an elliptical section in "section definition" module without import dxf file ?

2 ) can i fill parameters in attached image in robot instead of draw section in "section definition" module ?

Smiley Wink

2.jpg

Message 6 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

1 ) can i draw an elliptical section in "section definition" module without import dxf file ?

Yes, you can.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2015/ENU/?contextId=HIDD_RSEC_POLYLINE

2 ) can i fill parameters in attached image in robot instead of draw section in "section definition" module ?

Yes, you can. In such case you will not see the real shape of a section but the static calculations can be performed as or any other section.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10
mpcloob

in the name of  GOD  .

thanks.

answer 2 is ok but in answer 1 i don't know how to draw an elliptical section with certain "a" and "b" of ellipse equation ? (see image).

ellipse.png

please draw an ellipse in "section definition" module of robot and attach for me file or image of that.

very thanks. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

You  need to approximate it with straight segments.

e approx.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10
mpcloob

in the name of  GOD  .

thanks. Smiley Wink

therefore it's impossible to draw ellipse exactly. yes ?

if i draw an ellipse in autocad and convert it's format to "dxf" and import dxf file to "section definition" module, is this method the best method for draw an ellipse in robot ?

Message 10 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

They are similar. The shape from dxf will be divided into number of straight lines too.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report