Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling a composite structure

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
lc.veritate
2251 Views, 1 Reply

Modeling a composite structure

I'm trying to model a SlimFloor deck in a composite structure (composite columns and beams). 

So my problem is on how to get the most apoximate properties for the Integrated floor beam (It's an asymemtric beam) essencialy on it's inertia. 

The same problem occurs on the composite columns. Should I just create a bar with the properties for the composite sections or is there another way of moddeling it ?

The floor deck as the same problem, on the FE THICKNESS definition, it's available a slab on a trapezoidal plate, but it seams that it just models the concrete elastic properties, not the contribuition on the plate. In a SlimFloor deck, the height of the slab is significant, so the contribution of the trapezoidal plate is important. What is the best way on modeling this ?

Thanks,

Luís Correia

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: lc.veritate

The same problem occurs on the composite columns. Should I just create a bar with the properties for the composite sections or is there another way of moddeling it ?

Any sketch would be appreciated.

Either you can calculate properties by your own and input them in section data fields or create section in Section Builder module and thsi module will calculate properties

The floor deck as the same problem, on the FE THICKNESS definition, it's available a slab on a trapezoidal plate, but it seams that it just models the concrete elastic properties, not the contribuition on the plate. In a SlimFloor deck, the height of the slab is significant, so the contribution of the trapezoidal plate is important. What is the best way on modeling this ?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/I-want-creative-Flool-COMPOSITE/m-p/3564166/...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Composite-Floor/m-p/3448285/highlight/true#M...

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report