Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model consolidation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Ronald286
423 Views, 6 Replies

Model consolidation

Hello,

Model consolidation in my models take a lot of time. Please, can you explain which main parametres have the biggest influence on time of model consolidation? Number of elements(which of them are most complicated - shells, bars?), number of loads(which of them are most complicated - point loads, linear loads....?), number of finite elements and so on?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Ronald286

Everything, concerning model size: no of nodes, bars (, calculation nmodes, calculations elelments), FEs, panels, claddings

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
Ronald286
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

which of them have the biggest influence? Do you have any main recomendations how to reduce the time for model consolidation?

Message 4 of 7
Romanich
in reply to: Ronald286

I think that main one is inaccuracy.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Ronald286
in reply to: Romanich

After calculation don't have any warnings and errors in my model, except 'isolated node', 'duplicated load' - bugs in RSA.

Message 7 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

• Explanations to times previosly shown by me (on model called isolated_nodes.rtd)

- model consolidation time longer  when more panels meshed, remeshed before calculations run

- applying loads - applying linear loads on egdes takes some time; claddings loads works at least ~10 times faster on 2014 than on 2012.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report