Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modal and seismic analysis of a 2D frame

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
663 Views, 3 Replies

Modal and seismic analysis of a 2D frame

Hi 🙂 I would be grateful if you help me with this issue..i have to do a modal and seismic analysis of a 2D triangular frame...so that

1/ do i have to check load to mass coversion/ mass direction only in X-dir. and what would be the coversion direction then

2/ modal analyse- while filling modal analysis parameters i have to check only active mass direction in X

3/ seismic analysis-what i have to fil in direction definition window

thanks 😉

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Try to start from these examples:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/seismic-loading/m-p/3249356

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

yes i know how to do it for a 3d model but is this the same when we are talking about a 2d frame it works only in its own plane ..I'll do this only in SAP 2000 and it seems to be different but thanks for your answer

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hmm. I'd say that the model on your picture is a 3D one Smiley Wink

I assume that you want to define only one direction of the excitation. In such case follow the steps shown in the attachment.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report