Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing labels in Maps on Bars

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
bjornhgr
848 Views, 9 Replies

Missing labels in Maps on Bars

Hi.

I'm trying to display normal forces in cross bracings in a steel frame structure in a readable way. I want to display an elevation with normal forces and labels on each bar. trying to use the Maps on Bars function I get _some_ of them, but never all of them at once. Why is this so hard, and is there anything I can do to fix it? It's driving me nuts. I've tried zooming in and out, but there are always some forces missing...

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bjornhgr

What about using Labels?

HInt below:

drag.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10
bjornhgr
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi.

This problem was put on hold along with my project before christmas. Now I'm back at it, and the problem remains unsolved. I know about moving labels, but it doesn't help much when several bars meet (attached image). Using text I avoid this, but but it gets real messy (attached image), and it takes a lot of time cleaning it up when I have eight braces.

Is there really no solution to this? I just want the maximum value for each bar, graphically displayed for easy reading...

Message 4 of 10
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: bjornhgr

Maybe this can help:

I've added additional nodes on bars and Robot displays "labels" (values) in nodes. See image attached.

My question: is there any other way to display additional values for diagrams. Let's say that Robot displays diagram value at beggining and the end of the element but I want also to see value in the middle, or at any other place. Is there a way to display additional value without adding a node at that place?

Something like when displaying maps for surface elements - there is possible to display value at specific point.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 5 of 10

I've added additional nodes on bars and Robot displays "labels" (values) in nodes. See image attached.

My question: is there any other way to display additional values for diagrams. Let's say that Robot displays diagram value at beggining and the end of the element but I want also to see value in the middle, or at any other place. Is there a way to display additional value without adding a node at that place?

No. As you mentioned - add nodes.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 10

That's bad.

And what if I don't know in advance where I'll need to put nodes.

Process would be:

calculate model -> find places where you need additional values -> remember/write down positions of additional nodes -> add nodes -> calculate again -> find out that you missed something -> swear -> add nodes -> calculate again

And imagine what if you need half an hour for each calculation.

I don't know, there got to be an easier way to do this.

And what when I right click to diagram value text and delete it? How can I get it back?

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 7 of 10

I've found out: And what when I right click to diagram value text and delete it? How can I get it back?

View -> Descriptions -> Restore Deleted Descriptions

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 8 of 10

And what if I don't know in advance where I'll need to put nodes.

Use Detailed Analysis : http://screencast.com/t/uiKgsVAM0Ewd

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 10

Thanks, that's useful! Smiley Happy

Screen capture takes diagrams+table at the same time, which is good.

But, I don't have that vertical blue bar for reading values.

And, on my sample model, when I insert column in detailed analysis I get wrong direction of load forces.

Look at the images attached.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 10 of 10

And, on my sample model, when I insert column in detailed analysis I get wrong direction of load forces.

Thx for reporting. I will registser it for correction.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report