Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum reinforcement for columns according to code

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pevelor
1004 Views, 7 Replies

Minimum reinforcement for columns according to code

Hi

When I calculate reinforcement for columns, I only get the static required area and not the minimum area according to the code when that is governing.

Does Robot calculate the minimum reinforcement according to Eurocode?

If so, where can I see the result?

Kind regards

Peder

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

Do you refer to  RC Column Design module or RC Member theoretical Reinforcement one?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
pevelor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I am refering to the RC Member theoretical Reinforcement.

I am using structure type 'building design'.

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

The reinforcement table shows values of reinforcement which include the minimal reinforcement provisions (larger values are shown). The value of min. reinforcement is not listed separately yet you may try to define a dummy load case e.g. 0.1 self weight and use it for the design. This should return these values as the result.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
pevelor

I tried what you suggested but without any luck.

I am designing according to EC with the Norwegian annex.

According to pt. 9.5.2(2): As = max (0,10Ned/fyd, 0,002Ac)

However, the Norwegian annex is governing in this case where the limit is set as follows:

As =  0,2Ac x fcd/fyd < 0,5Ned/fyd but not less then 0,01Ac

The column I am testing is 300x600mm2 which should return the minimum value of 1800mm2.

2012-12-12_1224.png

2012-12-12_1220.png

As you can see from the picture above, there is a clear discrepancy between the two values.

Am I doing something wrong?

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Could you send me the rtd file with this column as well as the screen capture of the discussed provisions from the Norwegian NAD for EC2 please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
pevelor

2012-12-12_1259.png

You can download the file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4qvyqsjey8o9o4g/2tTxYxszFF

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Introduced in SP4 for Robot 2103. Please check for the availability of this update at the beginning of the next week.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report