Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing problems

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
696 Views, 9 Replies

Meshing problems

I have been having a lot of problems with incoherent meshing when exporting from Revit to Robot.

Normally, I can fix it changing meshing parameters, correct drawings, or using Rafal's round up API add in as described in many of Forum's topic.

But now, I have another project that nothing seems to work!

Please let me know, what else can I do, or what I am doing wrong

It would be great if the integration between Revit and Robot could work faster and without so many meshing issues

Thanks in advance

Gustavo

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I have had a lot of these problems too.  At first I thought that it was easier to fix all of the geometry in Robot, but now I'm realising it's easier and faster to get the Revit model correct as possible first.  Then the issues are less. 

But yes I agree that the small geometric problems in Robot are quite annoying and I really don't understand how it is not more developed in this area. 

Tony

Message 3 of 10

Hi Tony,

I have been trying to correct at Revit before sending to Robot. I have been sendig to cloud analyis (360º), but even doing this way, I have problems with floor and wall meshing.

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 4 of 10

Gustavo, Tony,

PLease send us Revit models.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 10

Dear Rafal,

the Revit file is too large to send by this forum, what is the best way to send you? 

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 6 of 10

Gustavo,

Use filemail.com or wetransfer.com service then paste link on forum or in Private Message.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 10

Rafal and Tony,

I was able to fix the meshing doing the following:

after using Rafal's rounding api, I reduced the element size to 0,5 and "removed" the ticket from "automatic emiters at panels characteristc points", see bellow.

Rafal, It is clear on our forum that we are all  having a lot of issues when trying to use BIM (exporting from Revit to Robot). Your round up api add in has been a valuable tool but I believe that Autodesk should do something faster to resolve all this problems or we will start to migrate to other solutions. PLEASE, hilghlight this issue with Autodesk.

What could be a competitive advantage (integration of Architectural, Design, Analysis, and fabrication) for us and Autodesk, has been a problem.

Thanks

Gustavo

Meshing.PNG

Message 8 of 10

PLEASE, hilghlight this issue with Autodesk.

PLEASE send me Revit file.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 10

Dear Rafal,

Bellow you find the link with Revit 2013 model without the improvements already done in Robot.

http://wtrns.fr/Z7A5FQAkwAwfwf

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 10 of 10

Revit 2013 model without the improvements already done in Robot.

Thanks, that's great.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report