Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing into robots 2012

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
andrea_pontiggia
4552 Views, 13 Replies

Meshing into robots 2012

Hello, I have a problem with the mesh of robots. Using Revit Structure 2012 to create the model, once imported into robots, by starting the calculation often displays this message "FailureModel - Circular reference in the definition kinematic constrains. Please, try to constrainkinematic remesh or switch off." I tried all the options remesh, I checked out the design of the model and it seems to me regularly. How can I do? I attach the file you just exported from Revit. Thanks to whoever gives me an answer Andrea
Andrea
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Start with the settings in Job Preferences as shown in this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Mesh-Bracket-error/m-p/3171162/highlight/tru...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 14

Thank you for answer. But I had already tried that option. The result is that the meshing is not consistent. There is the possibility that robots may generate a mesh automatically respecting the consistency of the model? It 'a problem of settings for Revit Structure? thanks Andrea
Andrea
Message 4 of 14

That's why I wrote "start with...".

In fact your revit analytical model is not consistent \ not coherent  \ not enough accurate.

I will try to fix Robot model and upload it and write you where to look at.

(If you upload revit model we can try to show you how to correct analytical model in it)

Try to use meshing options as shown below it will help. Order or meshing panels may also help (some slabs first, before adjoinning walls or vice versa)

mesh.JPG

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I have attached corrected model. It is not perfect but works fine.

Take a closer look at the places where rigid links are defined -> not properly connected elements in RST. Many other places where columns are not properly connected with beams or beam not defined on slabs egdes corected by me.

PLease note that according to your revit settings all bar elements are defined \ transfered to Robot with pinned releases. So such definition may cause instabilities in model due to not enouugh stiffening in some places. Ie in bars  194do196 198do200 205 207 236do238 244  in this model.

If you do not mind uploading revit file we will make a closer look at its analytical model.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 14

Thank you Rafal.
I send you the file in Revit, divided into 4 rows because more than 1.5 Mb imposed. I also think that the error could be in the Revit model, in fact I tried to make a similar case directly to the robot and not designed to be no problem.
In Revit, graphically, the model seems correct, the problem seems the walls.
How can I check the model in Revit, keeping the real geometry of my building?
If I draw only beams or columns do not have the same problems.
thanks

N.B.

sending 01 of 04

Andrea
Message 7 of 14

Sending 02 of 04

Andrea
Message 8 of 14

Sending 03 of 04

Andrea
Message 9 of 14

Sending 04 of 04

Andrea
Message 10 of 14

I had no enough time to correct model but I want to show you some errors causing problems.

In general you should set "fixed" elements as walls, maybe some columns and basing on them correct the analytical model.

edge.jpg

slabwall.jpg

beams.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 14

I tried to correct the errors in Revit.
The calculation model of the pillars and the walls may be correct, but for lines of analytical model of the plates, how can i fix it?
Thank you for the support.

Andrea
Message 12 of 14

Update. I found the solution yourself. The problem was how I drew the Revit model. Now I have learned. Thanks for your interest, to the next.

Andrea
Message 13 of 14

Message 14 of 14

Structure length is ~56km.
Correct size.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report