Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshed not created for the whole panel

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
709 Views, 3 Replies

Meshed not created for the whole panel

When generating the mesh for a panel, only some areas of the panel are meshed. Why?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

In most of the cases it is due to some small inaccuracy in the model geometry. Try to switch off the regular mesh and run local meshing of this panel. You may also want to use the detailed corrections and adjust the geometry to the appropriate vertical and horizontal planes.

See also: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Slab-only-meshing-around-edges/m-p/3391107

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I deleted the slab and copied a slab from a level above. I also deleted the mesh to all panels conected to my "problem-slab". I don`t know what of these thing that fixed it, but it was okay anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski

In some situations for panels that are 'difficult' to mesh it is better to delete meshes from the neighboring panels first (the mesh tries to adapt to existing nodes) and then run local meshing for this panel alone first and then mesh the 'outer' ones afterwards.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report