Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Option for Mesh Generation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
heinb
1195 Views, 1 Reply

Mesh Option for Mesh Generation

To whom it may concern:

Please assist me with understanding the Mesh Options.

I have a model with a retaining wall in the form of an ellips when viewed on plan. This I modelled with the use of 8 curves of which there are only 2 types.

I need to create the floor that is bounded by the retaining wall. I have created a panel corresponding to one of the wall curves. This panel has 3 straight line edges and one curved edge formed by the retaining wall. I have defined Base Points for this panel and the corresponding edge divisions are 32 for division 1 and 5 for division 2.

My problem lies in the selection of the forcing ratio's in order to get the COONS MEthod to provide a "regular mesh" of trapeziodal shaped 4 node quadrilateral elements.

Please assist in the example and if you have any more theory on the use and combination of usage of the Forcing Parameters : none, any, proposed, recommeded, .... please provide documentation.

The examples for Meshing in the Appendix of the Users  Manual are very basic, and not completely sufficient in my opinion.

Thanks you

regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: heinb

Modeling the walls you decided to have 32 parts on each of the wall segment. If so the definition of the horizontal panel should be done in the similar way. I'm attaching the pictures that shows how to set the number of divisions for the arc of the horizontal panel as 32 and how this influence the meshing.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report