Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging panels

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
kyp321
3335 Views, 9 Replies

Merging panels

Hello,

A quick question on panels. i have set up a simple example to illustrate the issue i am having. (see attached)

I would like to merge 2 panels so that when i use reduced results i get a single axial force and moment... is there a way to do this! i have used ETABS before and it had an option for defining piers!! 

Does robot have somthing similar?

Please let me know ASAP  cause it is very important for the project i am working on now.

Thanks

Kyp 

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: kyp321

mergingpanels.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10
stroxy
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal

Is it possible to use the propsed solution below to influence span directions of particular finite elements in a larger panel?

I have a suspended slab mostly spanning in one direction (precast), but a couple of areas are to be cast in-situ (2 way spanning) or have the panels spanning at right angles to the main span direction.  Short of dividing the panel into smaller panels at beam locations, would a workaround be to select the finite elements in areas where I have described above, and assign different properties to them?

Message 4 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: stroxy

Set correct local X of panel instead

localx.jpg

for results presentation set correct direction (any suitable for you hidden under button marked below in red ; similar way for FE results table)

mapsdir.jpg

for reinforcement (any suitable for you from screen shot below ; not only marked in red)

paneldir.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 10
stroxy

Thanks Rafal

I was trying to avoid having to subdivide the panel

Message 6 of 10
stroxy

1. Is it possible to workaround without subdividing the panel?
  2. If not, is there a simple way of subdividing a panel at say grid or beam locations?
  3. I believe "point 2" was added to the wishlist sometime ago
Message 7 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

stroxy wrote:
  1. Is it possible to workaround without subdividing the panel?

No

1. If not, is there a simple way of subdividing a panel at say grid or beam locations?

Are you refering to option Edit \ Cut by Plane implemented in 2015?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 10
stroxy

Cut by Plane is what I was looking for.  Good show!!

Message 9 of 10
saclovitzky

Hello,

I still not clear to me how do you actually merge two panels as one? I've tried the procedure on the screenshot but it doesnt work for me. I would like to merge two slabs as one?Can I have a further explanation regarding this/ Any ideas will be apprecited.

Message 10 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: saclovitzky

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report