Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member consisting of multiple bars (for design)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CameronEC
1079 Views, 5 Replies

Member consisting of multiple bars (for design)

See attached picture

I am trying to link two members (522 and 521) for design. The bottom node of the resulting member should be #1741 and the top #1740.

However, when I go through the process of linking these bars to act as a single for design, the orientation switches. The resulting member has node 1740 as the bottom, and 1741 as the top.

What have I done wrong? Is there any way of controlling this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Please attach the rtd file with these two bars .

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

See attached for a model showing the bay with the columns I indicated earlier.

Also, you can see that the combined section 9000 (and 9030) is defined top to bottom, while 9010 and 9020 are defined bottom up. I was hoping I could find a way to to control these definitions.

File

Thanks

Message 4 of 6

I'm sorry but I'm not able to download the file from this location. Could you delete all but the part of the model with these bars and save such rtd file under a new name please? After compressing it you should be able to attach such created zip file. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: CameronEC

Got it.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 6

The origin is in the node that has got  a lower number. The way of controlling this is shown on the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums