Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member Verification for Solid Pipe Elements

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nany717
312 Views, 3 Replies

Member Verification for Solid Pipe Elements

I am trying to analyse a frame structure which has cylinders and pistons configuration to swing the boom of the frame. 

I am analysing for the extreme outboubd condition, member verification is showing strange numbers. 

What might be wrong ?!

11.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: nany717

IMHO the issue is with bending moments. My assumption is that this bar is intended for axial force resistance only. If I am correct then you should think how to alter the model so that there is no bending in this element.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
nany717
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Yes Artur, that rod is the piston rod which will take axial forces. 

But why is that Robot is not checking any member stability check ! And also i see in the messages tab, "For bars ......the program has not performed lateral bucking...." statement. 

What are these section types for which Robot doesnot perform lateral buckling !? 

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: nany717

But why is that Robot is not checking any member stability check !

Because for the verified combination it is under tension rather than compression.

And also i see in the messages tab, "For bars ......the program has not performed lateral bucking...." statement. 

What are these section types for which Robot doesnot perform lateral buckling !? 

In general the ones tart the design code doesn't provide any guidance on how to make such check. On the other hand this effect cannot happen for solid rod whereas it is the case for I section.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report