Discussion Groups

Robot Structural Analysis

Distinguished Contributor
bjur
Accepted Solution

Masonry wall design

774 Views, 3 Replies
03-29-2012 08:15 PM
Can robot design masonry shearwalls / bearing walls? There are many masonry structures here in the US and I assume a program this powerful could design structures like this. Do I just create a wall element with similar stiffness properties as a masonry wall? Can robot provide wall stress / loading summeries or do I need to sum forces in the plates by hand?
Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

Re: Masonry wall design

03-30-2012 12:03 AM in reply to: bjur

There is no devoted design module for masonry walls available but you can define a panel with corresponding material properties. You can access results in many different ways such as maps or cuts (graphical display) as well as tables (e.g reduced results for panels).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.

10-17-2012 04:10 AM in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Well, i'm just wondering, is it any option in RSA  to create a structure (in this case,  masonry wall with opening, assume, that reinforced concrete lintel holds all the load), which has no tensile strengh? Thanks very much for your reply.

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

10-17-2012 04:24 AM in reply to: MykolasM

No, there is not unless you delete the part over the linter (where you have tension) and 'replace' the weight of this part with load applied directly to the lintel.

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.