Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local reactions (API)

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Simau
3148 Views, 25 Replies

Local reactions (API)

Hello All,

I have a three-dimensional structure over a concrete structure. I wonder if there is a possibility to recover reactions of the frame on concrete.

Attached a partial view

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Simau

What about checking the forces in steel bars in the nodes that are 'connected' with the concrete frame?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 26
Simau
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

For one node and one steel bar, there is no problem. But with 3 or more bars per concrete support and many load cases its not paratical.

Is there any possibility to have the results directly like  (Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, ...) on each  bearing points in order to size the anchorge, or the only solution is what you suggest.

Thanks

Message 4 of 26
Rafal.Gaweda

I have different macros for different purposes

1.   http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Envelope-of-forces-at-a-connection-API/m-p/3... - forces in LCS of bars

2. I have also similar macro but presenting forces in GCS

3. and  macro listing internal forces from bottom node of selected bars as reactions

4. or .. what do you want ?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 26
Artur.Kosakowski

For one node and one steel bar, there is no problem. But with 3 or more bars per concrete support and many load cases its not paratical.

You can define connect the inclined bars e.g. 1cm above the bottom node of the vertical one. This allow you to have only one set of forces to check (from the vertical bar).

Is there any possibility to have the results directly like  (Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, ...) on each  bearing points in order to size the anchorge, or the only solution is what you suggest.

Rafal's macros Smiley Happy (or Excel).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 26
Simau
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I try the macro in the link, very useful but not for my need.

Can i try proposal number 3.

Thanks Rafal

Message 7 of 26
Simau

Ok Artur, if I was the author of the model I have done so.

But i am just trying to extract these réaction in an easy way.

Therefore is it possible to easily split the structure, by adding a small barre (1cm) between stell and concrete.

Message 8 of 26
Simau

Therefore is it possible to easily split the structure, by adding a small barre (1cm) or a rigid link between stell and concrete.

Message 9 of 26
Artur.Kosakowski

1. Select the top part and copy it vertically e.g. 20 m upwards

2. Delete the 'original' top part

3. Move the copied part 20m - 1cm downwards

4. Define rigid links or small bars.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 26
Rafal.Gaweda

@Simau wrote:

I try the macro in the link, very useful but not for my need.

Can i try proposal number 3.

Example macro attached.

Select calculated file, enter bars selection in Excel cell then Run

(if you want forces as internal forces in GCS just got to VB editor and remove -1 multiplier from similar   lines like that ....... = -1 * vals(0))

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 26
Rafal.Gaweda

If you like it I can change it to work on opened file and bar selection made in robot.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 26
Simau

Thanks Artur,

it works fine

Message 13 of 26
Simau

Thanks Rafal,

Your excel file meets my needs.
As i need only reaction, It would be great to have the sum of the effort instead of the effort in each bar.

"If you like it I can change it to work on opened file and bar selection made in robot."
Sorry but i don't understand what you mean

Message 14 of 26
Simau

Yes, if its possible, i would like to have it works in opened file.

Thanks for help

Message 15 of 26
Rafal.Gaweda

Simau wrote:

Yes, if its possible, i would like to have it works in opened file.

Two files - one is listing them as Forces ,  second as reactions (diference = force sign)

Forces sum as a result implemented 🙂

(forces listed from lower node of bar, if both nodes have the same Z coord then forces listed from bar endnode)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 16 of 26
Simau

Thanks Rafal,

this apps are just great Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 26
micp_rsa

Hi Rafal!

Apps are working ok, but is there any possibility to extract forces from combinatios. I assume for automatic combinations it will be harder but what about manual combination list?

In my case apps display only forces for simple cases.

regards

michal

Message 18 of 26
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: micp_rsa

Panie MIchale,

Of course it can be updated.

Basing on examples attached to thread listed below you can update this macro to get results for combinations and automatic combinations also :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Export-results-ARSA-via-API/td-p/3294083/pag...

This small update is required to get also results for manual combinations:

Dim case_sel As IRobotSelection Set case_sel = R.Project.Structure.Selections.CreatePredefined(I_PS_CASE_SIMPLE_CASES) Dim mancomb_sel As IRobotSelection Set mancomb_sel = R.Project.Structure.Selections.CreatePredefined(I_PS_CASE_COMBINATIONS) case_sel.Add mancomb_sel Log "Getting forces ..."

Updated macro attached.

Shall I give you some time to update it with automatic combinations?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 19 of 26
micp_rsa

Panie Rafale,

thansk for your interest. Unfortunately attached macro crashes while I click "Run" button (Excel has stopped working).

btw. Shall you give me some time... 🙂 It's a first time I  have contact with API and it may take some time for me to familiarize with it. In my spare time I deinetally will put a spootlihgt on it.

Thanks

Message 20 of 26
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: micp_rsa

thansk for your interest. Unfortunately attached macro crashes while I click "Run" button (Excel has stopped working).

Screen shot with the crash please (code line where it stopped)

Maybe :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Robot-API-for-ARSA-2012-error-429/m-p/321532...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/API-error/m-p/3518984/highlight/true#M5791

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report